RawStory excerpted a story from the Wall Street Journal regarding the potential costs of the Katrina/FEMA disaster.
Maybe $200 BILLION
The Federal Emergency Management Agency is committing funds at a rate close to $1 billion to $2 billion a day, officials estimated.
Lawmakers said the $10.5 billion already allocated to relief efforts in an emergency measure late last week was likely to be gone in a matter of days. As a result, they expect the White House to ask shortly for an additional $40 billion. That alone will drive the cost of Katrina to more than three times the federal cost of the four big hurricanes that struck
What has W's CEO leadership cost this countryâ€¦.
1. Excessive tax cutsâ€¦directed to his idea of the neediest.
2. August 2001 memo: Bin Ladin determined to strike in
3. His initial response to 9/11â€¦continued reading to kids
5. WMD'sâ€¦.immediate threat to our nation.
6. The team of Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz and Rice
7. War will pay for itself, Iraqis throw flowers at our feet.
10. No insurgency
11. Not enoughâ€¦.troops, body armor or brains at the top.
13. Tipping point, turned the corner
14. Non-existent insurgency is "in it's last throes" 6/05
15. Levees, infrastructure, maintenanceâ€¦
16. â€¦(we need the money in
17. Karl Rove
19. Unitifierâ€¦not a dividerer.
20. Social Securityâ€¦he'll fix it
21. Katrinaâ€¦and August 29th, 30th, 31st, Sept 1st Sept 2nd
22. The credibility of the
I'm sure there's moreâ€¦
Please vote for COMPETENCY in 2006 and 2008